UPSC Geologist Exam Online Application, Geologist Exam Eligibility, GEOL Examination Date, UPSC Geologist Exam Application Last Date, Syllabus.
UPSC Geologists recruitment Notification
This is 2016 Notification.
UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2016 Notification
Total No. of Posts: 211
Name of the Posts:
Category I: Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines
1. Geologist: 206 Posts
(i) Geologist Group A: 121 Posts
(ii) Geophysicist Group A: 56 Posts
(iii) Chemist Group A: 29 Posts
Category II: Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources
(i) Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) Group A: 02 Posts
- Age Limit: 21-32 years for group 1 post for group II posts 21-35 Years (age relaxation may applicable)
- Educational Qualification: M.sc with geology (marine/applied) or Pg with hydrology for CGBI, Associated marine diploma in Indian school of mines, pg mineral exploration for GSI posts.
- chemistry physics for various posts please refer full advt below.
- Application Fee: Rs 200
- Application Fee for SC ST: fee exempted
- Selection Procedure: written test interview
- How to Apply: Go to UPSC geologists online application form below 04/03/2016.
- Full and official advertisement or Notification: UPSC Geologists Examination Notification.pdf
- Official website: upsc.gov.in
- Important Dates:
- UPSC geologist Online application stat date: 04/03/2016
- Hall tickets or admit card download date:
- Exam date: 25-05-2016 (tentative0
- UPSC Geologists Examination Exam results date:
Selection Process: Candidates would be selected based on their performance in written examination and interview.
geologist syllabus and markings Scheme
1. General (English)
2. Geology, Geophysics, chemistry, Geology Paper, I
3. Geology, Geophysics, chemistry, GeologyPaper II
4. Geology, Geophysics, chemistry, Geology Paper III
5. Geology, Geophysics, chemistry, Geology, Hydrogeology
Note: 200 marks for personal interview
For Category 1 candidates have to appear in Papers 1 to 4 subjects above. and Category 2 candidates have to write Papers 1,2,3, and 5 (3rd one geology paper III exempted)
UPSC geologist online application form
UPSC geologist Admit Card Download
I think you’re satisfied with information prescribed if you any other queries please comment below also
UPSC Geologists’ examination
This examination is held for two categories which are Category 1 (Post in Geological Survey of India) and Category 2 (Post in Central Water Board). The notifications are given in the month of June and examinations are conducted in the month of November.
Educational Qualifications Required:
– Master’s degree in Geology/Applied Geology or Marine Geology, Hydrogeology, Mineral exploration from a recognizes university
– Diploma of an associateship in applied Geology of Indian Schools of Mines, Dhanbad.
Age: 21-32 years on the 1st January of the year of exam.
There is two part in examination;
- – Written examination
- – Interview for personality test.