UPSC Civil Service Main Exam 2017
- 1 UPSC Civil Service Main Exam 2017
UPSC MAIN Exam Notification available!!! All the eager contenders are delighted to know that Union Public Service Commission has pronounced UPSC Civil Services MAIN Exam 2016 notification. Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam to hire eligible and enthusiastic candidates for filling up 1079 vacant positions of IAS/ IFS/ IRS IDS and various others.
After submitting the application form appliers may appear in UPSC Mains Exam which will be held from 3rd Dec. 2016 onwards. Those who will get succeeded in qualifying the main examination will be called for final selection process of Interview by the commission. We the team members of provide complete details against Union Public Service Commission mains exam Application Form. So candidates are required to scroll down the page and read all the information carefully.
UPSC Civil Service Vacancies:
Name Of the Service:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise,Gr. ‘A’)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service,Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.),Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Gr. ‘A.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Railways Traffic Service Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’ (Gr.III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr.’B’ (Section Officers’ Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)
How many vacancies Are Available:
- P.H.: 34 posts
- LDCP: 14 posts
- B/LV: 07 posts
- H.I.: 13 posts
UPSC Civil Service Eligible Criteria:
- Candidates must be an Indian resident for Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service,
- For other civil services candidates must be a citizen of below mentioned countries or subject of Nepal / Bhutan / A Tibetan refugee / A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from other countries with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
UPSC Civil service Qualification Required:
An applying contender must possess a 12th /Graduate Degree of any of the Universities integrated by an Act of the Central OR State Legislature in India OR other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956.
Also, those who are waiting for results of final year examination are also eligible to apply for the Preliminary Examination but; they are invented to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
General Candidate must have between 21 to 32 years on 1st August of the year of examination. Prescribed age limits differ according to caste reservations are described in below table-
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||32 Years with relaxation of 03 years = 35 years|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||32 Years with relaxation of 05 Years = 37 years|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, Orthopedic)||32 years with relaxation of 10 years = 42 years|
|Jammu & Kashmir Domicile||General = 37 years, OBC = 40 Years, SC/ST = 42 Years, PH = 50 years|
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty||General= 37 years OBC = 38 Years SC/ST = 40 Years|
How many Attempts the UPSC Civil service exam?
Numbers of attempts for exam are as follow under:
- General Category: 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
- OBC: 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
- SC/ST: unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
Physically Handicapped /disabled candidates belong to General category will get the benefit of 9 attempts till the age prescribed by Union Public Service Commission – 42 years of age.
How To Pay Fees Online Through credit/Debit cards:
When, we are going to apply for any competitive exam or a course, the first questions put-up in our mind is that How to Pay Fees Online through Credit/Debit Card. Now a day, most of people using online banking to pay schools or colleges fee and it is a new trend to pay Fees Online Through Credit / Debit Card. It is most powerful technique we have to do online transaction saves you from the headache of paying applications fee physically.
Almost, every organization has online gateway for their transactions electronically. If we talk about the previous era, most of organization or institutions receive their provided courses by cash payment only but now the time has been changed and the colleges or university provides facility to pay your fees by using a credit card, debit card or Net banking facility etc.
Through this page, you can get Step Wise Procedure or instructions To Pay Fees Online through Credit/Debit Card which is structured by experts of recruitmentresult.com, please have a look and scroll down this page.
How To Pay Fees Online Through Credit/Debit Card
Before Going To Pay Your Fee, Please Make Sure That You Have:
- A valid Debit or Credit cards
- Ensures that Card is activated or not.
- A valid e-mail id to fetch receipt directly into your mailbox.
- Mobile Number
- Don’t forget your four-digit (PIN) personal identification number
Some Essential Points When Paying Fee through Credit or Debit Card:
- Don’t Share Your PIN with others.
- Make sure that you have enough balance in your account linked to that debit card for transactions.
Offline Mode: Appliers can pay application fee by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash.
UPSC Civil Main Exam Pattern:
|Qualifying Paper||Paper-I||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Paper-II||English (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Papers to be counted for merit||Paper-I||Essay||250 Marks|
|Papers II||General Studies I||250 Marks|
|Papers III||General Studies II||250 Marks|
|Papers IV||General Studies III||250 Marks|
|Papers V||General Studies IV||250 Marks|
|Papers VI, VII||Any two optional subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (250 marks for each paper)||500 Marks|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
UPSC Interview Test:
- Shortlisted candidates in Mains exam will be called for interview.
- Interview round is the final round to recruit applicants for particular posts.
- The interview session will be of 275 marks.
How To Fill UPSC Application Form:
- Visit official website of commission that is www.upsc.gov.in
- Now go to “What’s New” section presented on home page.
- Choose “DAF: Civil Services (Main) Examination 2016” link.
- After that hit on “Online Application” link to apply online.
- Fill Online Application Form with all mandatory details in proper manner.
- Upload scanned documents, self attested copies of certificates and a passport size photograph.
- Recheck your filled application form once again and hit on the “Submit” button.
- At last take a print out of the filled application form, for future references.
Last Date To Apply 17/03/2017
UPSC Civil service Prelims Exam:18th June 2017
UPSC Civil Main Exam28th October 2017.
UPSC Civil service Prelims Examination Process:
The preliminary exam consist of two papers carrying a maximum of 400 marks. (Multiple choice questions). The question papers are set in English and Hindi.